15 positions were open for talented and motivated candidates to become Sweet Crosstalk PhD students covering different aspects of innovative glyco- and microbiome sciences. One of these positions (ESRA14) is co-directed by Utrecht University and NutriLeads, with short secondments at University of Helsinki (Finland) and Quadram Institute (UK). The aim of this PhD position is to unravel the structure-function of pectin derived polysaccharides by studying the interaction of purified and modified variants with the host immune system and their impact on the human gut microbiota.
For the ESRA14 position, we are currently looking for a talented and motivated candidate with:
- Experience and/or knowledge of analytical chemistry preferably linked to microbiota and/or signalling to the host
- A good command of the English language
- Team spirit for collaborating with partners at Utrecht University, University of Helsinki and the Quadram Institute
Applications in English should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and contain:
- Short motivation letter (2 pages max.)
- CV and copies of the Master diploma including marks
- Two recommendation letters or the contact information of 1-2 referees
Please cite in your application: ESRA14 PhD project
Application deadline: October 31st, 2019
For more information about Sweet Crosstalk visit: www.sweetcrosstalk.eu*
*Please note that application is only possible for this PhD position (ESRA14) via email, application for the other 14 positions from the Sweet Crosstalk is closed.
Funding Programme H2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie ITN 2018
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 814102.